Thursday, September 29, 2005

Move Baby!

So I've been reading lots of articles that say that you're supposed to feel your baby 'flutter' inside from 18-24 weeks and for some second (or third, of fourth time mothers, it may be even earlier. They also offer reasons why you wouldn't have felt your baby yet (such as positioning of the baby & location of the placenta) but not only am I not as big as I thought I'd be by this time, but I'm also not feeling the baby 'flutter' around inside! :(

The doctor has told me that the baby's heartbeat is strong and therefore I do not need to worry.....but when I talk to other soon-to-be-mothers, they are all so surprised that I have not had the opportunity to feel the baby kick as early as them.

My mom told me that she barely felt me the entire 9 months. Jay's mom told him that she felt him moving all the time. There's got to be a happy medium here.

So my message to this baby.....move baby! Move ya' baby! I want to be able to say "YES!....I DID FEEL THE KICKING" and "NO, I HAVE NOT MISINTERPRETED THE FLUTTERS AS GAS BUBBLES!".


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree.. baby boy nephew... I believe its time for you to move. I wanna feel my nephew kicking! but maybe it's a lazy baby and is just sleeping all the time....