Sunday, October 16, 2005

North Carolina State Fair


This weekend I flew home from New Jersey to attend the annual North Carolina State Fair where upon Jay and I walkd for around for 4 hours eating various foods that we normally can't find anywhere else. For example, I ate 6 deep fried oreos & 1 ear of roasted corn and then Jay finished off 2 chicken kabobs on a stick, 1 corn dog on a stick, 1 large lemonade, chili cheese fries. We then proceeded to buy a giant bag of cotten candy, a large turkey drumstick and one candied apple for the ride home.

We never even attempted the rides (the biggest reason being pregnant people are highly discouraged from riding any kind of ride) and the second being that we saw on the news as of 10pm the night before that many of the rides were still getting their safety inspections (and some were still failing) for the morning opening of the fair on Friday.

Nevertheless, Jay and I had a great time people watching and generally enjoying having time off and spending some time with each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey both of you all with that fast metbolism you all can eat anything.. If that was me I would have been wooblinn around.......


Eric

E