
We had Caleb's 4 month doctor's appointment on Easter Monday and he received 3 more shots into his little tiny legs.
All looks well. They said that his head size was only in the 8th percentile but height was in the 50th percentile. weight was only in the 25th percentile. He now weighs 13lbs 6oz and he's 25 1/4 inches long.
Btw: he's also losing all his hair in the back due to the fact that he's been sleeping on his back....:) it's funny.
His thrush was gone. The white spots (which I thought was still thrush) was apparently just tastebuds that were irritated.

I was surprised that the doctor told me to stop his nighttime feedings and that he should now be sleeping 8 hours....it seems so unfair to inflict that upon him now since we're also just starting a new in-home day care (which he loves). I was also surprised that they said that he should be starting solid foods now. Get ready for the stinky poopies!! We've bought the rice and barley cereal as well as an assorted collection of stage 1 foods. We're not going to force it but we're going to give him a taste every day to see if he's open to the idea. So far, he's a little confused as to what we're doing. We've tried the rice cereal mixed with milk and I even managed to get a whole spoonful of peas into his mouth before he wouldn't let me use the spoon anymore.
As for an update with the daycare, I am 100 percent sure that I made the right move. Florice (his new caregiver) is so great! He doesn't fuss with her and he takes the bottle very well.....he also takes naps when the other children are down for naps. This makes my day at work go by so much smoother since I don't have to worry as much (as much....notice I didn't say 'anymore'). He also doesn't fuss anymore if we put him down and go about our business washing dishes.....or writing on the blog.
3 comments:
wow! C sure is growing up FAST! That's a mighty big spoon for his tiny little mouth. Sounds like all is going well! WOO!
V, I love reading your blogs. It makes me feel like I'm not as far away and feel updated with all the intersting and exciting things going on in your life. Caleb is looking great! Miss u lots!
Bev
Yay,....then our blog is working! I really miss everybody and I'm hoping that this blog will keep everybody posted. We're planning on coming home in December for Christmas. I can't wait till Caleb gets to meet everybody!
Post a Comment