Monday, December 18, 2006

Happy First Birthday Caleb!!!!



We had Caleb's first birthday party yesterday and Jay and I both agreed that it was a success. We had just the right amount of people and we had lots of food and cake for everybody (more than enough cake) and even though Caleb slept through the first 2 hours of the party, he woke up in time for the presents and most importantly, the cake.

There were so many cameras going yesterday and Kristen took sooooo many pictures of Caleb eating cake and opening presents. I had to pick through and just post the highlights but I'm sure that I'll have to devote another blog entry just to incorporate the other photos.

We're so happy with all our guests that came and we hope that they had fun at Caleb's party. Being able to throw a party for Caleb is something that I think that we'll be looking forward to every year. It was so much fun and presumeably, this will be the only year where the party was really for Mommy and not really for Caleb since he really had no idea that the party was for him anyways.

We wish that Auntie Michelle was here since today is also her birthday (Happy Birthday Lil' Sis!) and we look forward to seeing her soon in the new year.

We are visiting Vancouver for a few days in January but we're not advertising that we're coming since our stay is so short, we won't be doing much other than letting Great Grandma hang out with her great-grandson (whom she's never met yet) and other family type stuff. I apologize to everybody else but we're working on another trip soon (hopefully longer stay) where we'll be able to visit with everybody.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! He's a cutie!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FAVOURITE NEPHEW IN THE WHOLE-WIDE WORLD!!

And yes.. Auntie has the same birthday as you, but as you turned one, Auntie stayed the same age as when you were born ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Caleb! Michelle and Jay!
Virg, I'm glad you're coming to visit in January! I know you'll be busy with family stuff but if you have time, call me! :) If not, Have a Happy New Year!