Friday, September 14, 2007

The Year had Flown By...

This year has flown by....I've just been looking at pictures from Caleb's first State Fair last year and it's amazing how the year has passed so quickly. Seeing Zachary the other day reminded me of how little Caleb was and how we had marked each milestone during his first year and clapped encouragingly with every little wobbly step and each shaky spoonful. Now we've arrived in the era of 'time outs' and outright defiance. I know that he's testing his boundaries and that's what all toddlers need to do to learn but those memories of him cooing and staying still are remembered very fondly.

Now I just can't wait for Caleb to start really talking. We've got one off words here and there and lots of babbling with up and down pitches like it's a real conversation.....and he can point to stuff and do (some of) the stuff that we ask him to do, but I can't wait till our conversations are more elaborate than "more milk?"....

No comments: