Thursday, February 07, 2008

Toon and Team Sports

Here are some pictures taken with Uncle Toon on Caleb's birthday. Since the running joke between him and Earnest is that Earnest isn't really much of a team player when it comes to sports (preferring running and swimming over football and basketball), Toon has decided that he'll try to remedy that for Caleb.

I on the other hand also wasn't much of a team sports player although I wish I was. My sister was and look how she turned out! ;) My 'sports' of choice were ballet, ice-skating, swimming....and, during high school/college, Tae Kwon Do....Not sure that cheerleading counted much as a team sport for me but that was as close as I got. I didn't do volleyball, basketball, running (ick), soccer, field hockey or even ultimate frisbee (which I kind of liked but never fully understood what exactly was going on other than throwing the frisbee around).

Hopefully Caleb will take his cues from both us AND the Godfather (Toon) & Godmother (my sister) and have a happy combination of team sports and solitary sports. Not sure if I'm ready to do the soccer mom thing but it would be SOOOO cute to see Caleb play on a team of some kind a few years from now. We shall see.

No comments: