This past Friday, Jay and I went in for my 28th week appointment. I complained to the doctor that I have still yet to feel any kicking from this little baby of ours. She then took a quick ultrasound to ensure that all was well. We didn't really see any kicking then either but we did see the baby making 'sucking motions'. We have another elective 3-D ultrasound scheduled in three weeks so they ensured us that we'll be reassurred then.
Later on that evening, Jay and I were relaxing on the couch watching some TV and we felt two quick 'pops'. I looked at Jay and I could tell that he felt them too. Since then, there hasn't been a lot of activity, but there's been some 'pops' every now and then. The cool thing is that we got to experience the first kick together. Normally, the father doesn't get to feel the kick until weeks after the mom has had a chance to experience
Junior Baby has now made his first official kick.
My First Baby Shower:
On another note, Jay came up to Princeton last week and PwC here threw us a surpris
e Baby Shower! We were so shocked. Not only did they throw us a shower, but they all pitched in a bought us pretty much all the furniture we need for the nursery! We now have a crib, a changing table, and one of those funky rocking chairs and all the matching sheets, blankies, receiving blankets, bumpers, and window valences. It's much more than we have ever expected and we would never have expected all that Vicki and the rest of the PwC Tyco Team has done for us. Jay and I were speechless. Plus they started a scrapbook with comments from everybody on the Tyco Team! And you know how I love scrapbooks!
We are beyond grateful.
3 comments:
YAYAYAYA a kicker-oo!!!
CONGRATS!
Dang, sweet! Hmm... I wonder what kind of shower I could get my coworkers to throw for me so that I can load up on furniture too.
So, how do you ship it all back to NC?
Jay took most of it home, but they had the furniture shipped to my home (I don't have to bring it back on the plane as carry-on)!
Post a Comment