Just got back from the doctor's office this morning. They are predicting that my baby will come late. They said that the baby's 'sitting on the fence' regarding whether he'll come before or after new years. Apparently if I set my mind on him delivering sometime around or after the 7th of January, then I'll be happier during the holidays since I then won't be worrying about going into labor at any moment.
They also mentioned that I should take my belly ring out. :( Boo. I had anticipated keeping it in for as long as I could but they said that the stress of labor combined with the uterine wall pressing up against my belly button during these last few weeks may result in scarring that I won't like anyways. So after we take pictures this Saturday, I guess I have to pack my belly ring away....Hopefully temporarily.
The doctor said that if I deliver on time, that I can expect the baby to weigh around 7lbs - 7 1/4lbs. I just want to note that to see if they can actually make an accurate prediction or not.
My blood pressure was elevated but they said that since my maternity leave starts on Monday that it should be back to normal by the next visit, which is in a week. So....I actually took a sick day today seeing as I'm having trouble sleeping and I'm very tired today. I had intended on going into work but changed my mind as I was driving from the doctors office to downtown.
I have some Hospital Pre-Registration forms to fill out today and see about these free tours that they give to familiarize myself with the Birth Center. Hopefully Jay and I can check that out next week sometime. It would be cool too if we could see some other couples and their babies.
So this baby may not come until January(ish). That will give me time at home to relax and sleep before the big day since I heard that sleep is a valuable commodity once the baby arrives.
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YAY!!! then i can still see it super duper new!!! WOOHOO!!! way to go baby boy sennet! I'm excited to meet you.. and see your parentals of couse ;)
Dear Virginia & Jay,
I am your auntie K from HK, I've known you since you were a toddler, you might not remember me. I learnt about you and Jay and your happy pregnancy through the web site you sent, I am very very touched and here I am letting you know that You, Jay and your expecting little love have my blessings!!
Sucks about the belly ring. I'm surprised you could keep it in for so long. By the way, got a name for Baby Sennet yet?
Auntie K! Thank you for your well wishes!
And as for the names.....isn't it bad luck in Chinese culture to disclose the name prior to the birth? Yes, we do have a name in mind but we're waiting to see if it fits. My parents are also in charge of a Chinese name for this baby.
Hello Virginia, Jay, and Baby Sennet!
Holla! This is my first blog posting ever and I am glad that it is on your site. I enjoyed reading your blog and especially looking at the pictures. I think the baby is going to love the room, although he/she will express it with lots of cries and screams. Kinda sucks to hear about your belly ring but its for the better. Besides, you'll get to put it back on after the delivery. Good Luck
Shak
p.s. I wish I could have been at your babyshower. Some of your friends look like they have great personalities.
Post a Comment