Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Introducing... Caleb Edward Sennet!!!!



HELLOO!!!!


As some of you may already know,...our son was born on Sunday December 18th, 2005 at Rex Hospital at 7:03pm.

My contractions started (mildly) during our photo session on Saturday when Jay & I went to Celebrity Kids Photo Studio to take pictures of my pregnant belly around noon on Saturday.

At first I thought that I had drank some bad milk in the morning and I felt like I had tummy gas. As I was driving home, I had my first recognizable contraction. I know now why they say that pregnant laboring women should not drive themselves to the hospital.

Jay came home from work at 4:30pm Saturday evening and I told him about the contractions. We started timing even though I said that they weren't that bad yet. Nicki (Luis' wife) had said that if I didn't think that I was dying yet, then it probably wasn't the real thing yet.

The contractions were spaced 8 minutes apart right from the beginning. Around midnight, Jay went to sleep and I woke him at 3am screaming for sympathy. Time from then until the hospital admission was a blur. I remembered begging for my mommy (what girl wouldn't at that point?) and I remember asking Jay to call the doctor and tell them that even though I was 8 minutes since they had said that once I was 5 minutes, then I could go to the hospital.

We arrived at the hospital at noon on Sunday and there were 4 other pregnant people in the waiting room. (counting 12 hours since the first signs of pain) Two women had their waters break and that's why there were there. They were laughing and gossiping and having way too much fun. The other woman was in pain like me. There's nothing that annoys a laboring woman than to hear 2 other women say that they were in no pain and laughing in the hospital birthing admission room. My bittersweet consolation is that one of the laughing women had a problem with her blood pressure so she had to deliver without an epidural. I would not have wanted to switch places with her.

The epidural (YAY THE EPIDURAL!!) came at 3pm and Caleb Edward Sennet arrived at 7:02pm weighing 6lbs 3oz. He measured 19 1/2 inches and his head was 32 cm.

We had a bevy of visitors who came and brought flowers, clothes & stuffed animals. What amazed me was that Queenie (in NYC) sent flowers even before I had gotten a chance to talk to my mom!! Queenie, when you read this, tell me how you found out so fast!!

We were released the next day and the first thing I ate was a Chirashi sushi bowl at Waraji! (To all those at Tyco, I had told you what my first meal was going to be!) Sushi, and a large Coke. Susan, I was thinking of you the whole time since I used to watch enviously as you ate everything I wanted to eat when were in New Jersey. :)

Another thing....Caleb's birthday is the same day as my sister's birthday!! What were the chances of that? For those of you that read my blog regularly, she's "Roadie".

My parents are coming to visit in the first week of January and my sister is coming at the end of January. We are still awaiting news of when Jay's family will be coming to town.

As much as I have to write about Caleb and all the news I'll have to leave that to another blog posting. He's fussing now to be fed and this little booger has already amazed me with how often he likes to eat.







9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO!! WELCOME BABY SENNET! December 18 is a good day to be born ;)

Now, you'll always remember your Auntie Tang's birthday!

Congrats big sis and bro bro... i'm so happy, as i'm sure you knew from my uncontrollable crying ;)

Anonymous said...

ha! He IS a TANG! -- i can remember a certain someone else that liked to eat when they were first born...

WOO!

Anonymous said...

BTW Caleb, those would be yours hands ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!!!! Hopefully we will catch up to you all soon and Caleb will have another cousin.
Take care and TRY to get some rest.
Love,
Eric and Kelly

Anonymous said...

Those are some bigggggggggggg hands...


Uncle E and Anut Kelly

Anonymous said...

We have a basketball player on our hands......

Uncle E and Aunt Kelly

Anonymous said...

congratulations Virginia!! Heather showed me your blog so I could see a picture of your baby!! He is precious.

God bless,
Meredith Burleson Vaughn:)

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a wonderful Christmas present eh V? Congratulations on your new born son!

Get some rest k!

Miss u lots,

Bev

Anonymous said...

I found out through the magic of e-mail forwards. This was the path: Raleigh office to Vicki to Stacy to me. When I got the e-mail, I searched for a florist near the hospital that does same day delivery for online orders.

Again congratulations! Caleb is adorable.