Monday, May 22, 2006

Caleb's First Drink of Water!


I was such a proud mommy last night. Caleb was nursing before he went to sleep and I was drinking from a big BoJangles plastic cup. He stops nursing and he puts his hand out onto the cup. I thought that this was because of the condensation so I remarked that it was cold. He then grabbed or the lip of the cup and pulled it towards him. Not thinking much of this, I switched it out for a cup that was filled with a little bit of water and playfully asked him if he wanted to 'take a sip of water'.

To my surprise, Caleb actaully pulled the cup to his mouth and drank some water! I had read in the baby books that some babies as young as 5 months can master drinking from a cup but I was shocked that Caleb was already there! We weren't about to embark on the cup drinking skill for another couple of months (or so I thought).

I'm not sure if I was more surprised at him drinking from the cup.....of if I was just surprised that he could communicate to me what he wanted without crying.

I've alerted Florice as to his new skill and maybe they can also work on this new skill at daycare.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH, he's so smart! remember, he is part-Tang.. so what part of this surprises you? ;)