So, here at my work we celebrate our co-worker's birthdays by bringing in food. People normally bring in the requisite cookies, baked goods and if we're lucky some will the really yummy items such as ribs, meatballs, spinach dip....you get the idea.
Well, I come into work and I hear vague comments over the cubicle walls about spinach dip....then I see somebody bring in a huge bowl of ice......so after my morning coffee fill-up, I stroll over there and ask "Is it somebody's birthday today?".....YES!! IT WAS SOMEBODY'S BIRTHDAY! It's Wendy's Birthday! Wendy, if you read this.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY I'M SORRY I COULDN'T BRING ANY GOODIES FOR YOU!!!!
So here I am at my desk, munching away on foodstuffs while having not contributed a single thing to the office party. As bad as I feel for not having brought anything (due to being left out the "BRING FOOD BECAUSE IT'S SOMEBODY'S BIRTHDAY" email) I will still happily munch away on the array of goodies.
Is that bad?
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks, Virginia! Now you have to be EXTRA nice to me today! Enjoy the goodies, anyway!
haha, gotta love free food. You would have fit right in in grad school sis! All of us poor students are about free food.. why else do you think we go to product shows? Because we're actually interested in what they're selling?!? HA! those companies know better than that.. no food = no people.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your co-worker.
Post a Comment